I’m just beginning to type up the notes I took at the St. Louis Conference on Biblical Discernment, which was held April 19-21. I have decided to post them as I finish them. This is the first workshop class we attended.
IHOP notes from Keith Gibson’s class at PFO 2012
Young people are IHOP’s main targets.
The person leaving orthodoxy has left the Church and is the divisive one.
Every N.T. book - except Philemon - warns against false teachers/doctrine.
IHOP followers are zealous, but Paul points out that zeal without knowledge is dangerous; Rom. 10:2
1. Personal revelations of Bickle and company supposedly from God. Bickle claims God said, “I am going to change the understanding of the expression of Christianity on earth in one generation.”
2. Prophetic hermeneutic: Bible means what their prophet says it means today.
3. Aberrant Doctrines & practices.
a. Latter Rain/Manifest Sons of God
b. Bridal Paradigm: Lovesick Jesus. Song of Solomon allegory of Christ and the Church is literalized for the individual Christian. Yet Christ is the Bride of the Church vs the individual believer. Forces men to worship in a feminized way. “Boyfriend Jesus.” The “Call” includes marriage ceremonies to Jesus. Shawn Bolz is IHOPer
c. Man centered
d. No doctrine of sin.
e. Fallible prophets. 1/3 of prophecies by God can be false.
f. Spiritual mapping/SLSW
g. Elected Seed. New Breed. Uniqueness of final generation.
h. Prophetic healing (?)(couldn’t read writing)
i. Contemplative prayer
j. Revisionist history - editing their prophecies.
4. Lack of balance. Virtually no N.T. teachings. Ignoring Biblical norms: Many claim to be “caught up to heaven,” with 3rd heaven visitations.
5. Support of other false teachers.