We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Random Apostasies and Heresies

So much of the false teaching in the church today is due to compromising with the world.  Most of this compromise comes from those in liberal Christianity, but all too often conservative Christians seem to not want to step on anyone's toes and will go along with what makes people happy.

Some weeks can have so many things in the news that I just can’t keep up with it all.  I try to choose the most important things for including in my “RA&H” warnings and alerts, so you’ll have to forgive me if you’ve seen something during the week which I missed or else didn’t include.

A couple weeks ago I reported in reference to a new cultish group I read about - the Church of Wells.  A secular conservative commentary site has posted a scathing article about this cult.  If you live in that area, sound the alarm!

Beware of the "Evangelical Immigration Table."  These people are promoting a social gospel and lawlessness.

I learned something new this past week in reference to Romanist “sainthood” ceremonies; they have “relics” of the two popes they were canonizing!  This is occultic and downright disgusting.  Please show me from the Bible where this is of God.

Speaking of the Roman church — you know, the one which represents Christ — Saint Mary’s Institute, a Romanist grade school in New York, is celebrating “Lady Gaga.”  Yeah, you read that correctly.  “In September at the opening Mass I officially announced that this was going to be the Year of Lady Gaga at SMI.”  They are honoring a woman who is all about raunch, blasphemy and occultism.  I wonder what the Pope would say about that?

I came across another article about an ex-KJV Only adherent.  I think it’s worth reading.

Is American Christianity Becoming a Workout Cult?”  It sure looks that way, especially with the market-driven/seeker-sensitive and emergent groups.

Is there such a thing as a “gay” Christian?  I’ve previously posted links to articles explaining why the answer is a resounding “NO,” but I think this one also deserves your attention; you may find it useful when dealing apologetically with those who are in sexual rebellion against God.

United Methodists — when are real Christians going to abandon that group of anti-God rebels? That denomination is filled with leaders and lay people who are focussed on promoting homosexuality as something to celebrate.

What would Jesus say about the death penalty?  What DID he say about the death penalty?  What did God the Father say about the death penalty?  [link gone by 10/17/20] God instituted it for murder; He instituted it for all time and all people.  God doesn’t change his mind just because those with a liberal ideology think it’s wrong.  It’s very sad when those calling themselves “Christian” reject capital punishment by claiming Jesus didn’t approve of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Christian who is against the death penalty. Not because I think that some people don't deserve death, but because there have been too many people sent to death row who have been exonerated by later evidence. I would not want to participate in the killing of a potentially innocent man (or woman). I do not have a problem with life in prison without the possibility of parole, if mistakes are uncovered at least they are not final. While not all police and prosecutors are bad people, some are, and there have been people wrongly convicted. Ultimately, God will judge everyone, and His punishment is eternal, and much worse than anything we can do here on earth.

~Joy

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Joy,

With all the checks and balances we have, those who were released from death row were released because of those checks and balances. No one has yet proven that anyone actually executed was innocent of the crime they were charged with.

If a criminal has been caught dead-to-rights and not by circumstantial evidence, then I believe they should suffer the ultimate punishment. The ones who are in by circumstantial evidence should have life sentences.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

Love the Liberal Logic 101 quote at the top!

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Carolyn,

I follow Liberal Logic; they have such great memes along with their coverage of the latest leftist happenings. This one was posted a couple days ago and I thought it was perfect!