We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yes, Another Post About Beth Moore

At the risk of being bombarded again with complaints and nasty-grams from the followers of Beth Moore, I am going to say some more about her false teachings!  I know this is hazardous to my sanity, but a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.
Seriously, I have been contacted by another blogger who has done some excellent research on Beth, and written some very good articles.  This past week she attended a Beth Moore conference and provided an excellent series of reports.   (Each of these links will provide the links to the full series in each subject.)
This blogger is a WOMAN!  Shock, upon shock for all those previous followers of Beth who claimed the only reason I condemned Moore’s teachings was because I am a man.  How are they going to handle Elizabeth’s reviews?
For anyone interested in Beth Moore’s teachings, these articles should be of great value.  Perhaps the followers of Beth could open their eyes to some objective analysis of the false teachings Elizabeth exposes and rethink their devotion to all things Beth Moore.

5 comments:

Emily said...

They are amazing articles, and I agree with her analysis-- and I'm a woman, too!

I had only listened to one study of Moore's and was unsatisfied, slightly put-off, and I did recognize some falsehoods in there. So I never looked into her further. But reading Elizabeth's posts have REALLY reassured me that "not-looking" was the right thing to do!

It's amazing how easily people are led astray by appearances and charisma. I confess, I can sometimes be one of them. I'm praying for more wisdom and discernment as I mature in the faith.

ali said...

I visited the site and was encouraged and blessed to see how thoroughly Elizabeth had researched and how fairly she dealt with the problem, bathing it in prayer, attending the meeting - I appreciated her candor.

Her comment that rarely do those who speak 'truth' have such a wide audience was eye-opening. Hmmmm

Indeed we must continue to sound the alarm and be watchmen for our LORD.

Thanks once again for this important post.

Marie said...

I, also, have been saying the same thing about Beth Moore since at least 2007. (Which reminds me....I need to get my 2" thick file on her back from a friend at church!) FYI: see this past winter's edition of "The Journal of Modern Ministry" for a superb and thorough review of her "So Long, Insecurity" book. It's written by Donn Arms, my main instructor of biblical counseling (along with Jay Adams).

Thanks for posting this!

Pray Read God's Word said...

Thanks for all the great posts on Beth Moore and taking a lot of arrows (shoot the messenger). Due to people like you, and others the word is getting out about BM.

Just an FYI: I posted some things on another website biographyministries.com about hearing her twist scripture. Apparently, the owner of that site felt some sort of pressure recently and removed quite a few of my comments. Leaving mostly positive comments about BM and hate filled comments toward those that criticize BM.
I wonder what scared the guy into removing things?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I looked at that site and they really, really love false teachers. No wonder they didn't want your comments!