We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies


I’m a wee bit behind the times again; I had to take an unexpected trip for a couple days.  So let’s see what I have caught up on!

I thought I’d start out with this excellent article about discernment.  We all need to learn this.

Along the same thought, know the difference between the wolves and the sheep!

What you don’t want to do is listen to Rick Warren teaching about how to hear God’s voice!

Is Your Church Worship More Pagan than Christian?”  I think more and more churches are certainly getting this way.

Well, it looks like Bill Gothard has no intention of ever truly repenting.  The man is a real wolf!

Mark Driscoll has resigned from Mars Hill, and yet he thinks he’s qualified for future ministry.  Sola Sisters comment on Driscoll’s idea of being qualified.  Lighthouse Trails gives a good overview of the whole problem with Driscoll.

I’ve been reading several articles about the new “Christmas” movie by Kirk Cameron.  This article demonstrates grave problems with the reconstructionist history and theology of this movie.

Well, that’s all for now; not a big collection, but what I felt was the most important recent news.  Meanwhile, I’m busy transferring all my article about Mormonism to my new blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

Glad you posted Elizabeth Prata's article on RW. I hadn't read/heard much about him lately, but (correctly) assumed he was still on the wrong path. He's now joined the ranks of those who falsely claim direct revelation from God.

Sadly, yes modern church worship is becoming more pagan than it is truly honoring to the Lord.

Bill Goatherd - utterly despicable.

Driscoll appears to be a bird of the same feather as BG. I just listened to Janet Mefferd's broadcast from 10/21/14, hour 1, where she addresses that less than a week after his so-called resignation, MD is back on stage at a conference in Texas, playing the victim role, instead of actually repenting for all his sins. Sola Sisters are spot on in their appraisal of him, as is Erin Benziger of DNBS.

Sad to see Kirk Cameron heading down the reconstructionist path. May the Lord steer him back in the correct direction.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Driscoll makes me sick!