We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Roman Catholicism

Think of what this implies and there is much more than meets the eye. If you know their theology, think of walking into their church.

Jesus is still hanging on the cross. (It is not finished)

If it is not finished a mediator is still needed.

That mediator is the priest.

Thus the need for purgatory.

Thus the need for works.

Thus no member of the RCC can say they are saved.

Since the are self proclaimed "church" nobody can question anything they say.

As a former member of the RCC I can tell you there is no life in that belief. 


Chris Quantina, Facebook 12/27/22


3 comments:

Mr. Roman Catholic said...

You despise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. What you despise is biblical. John 6:

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Mr. Roman Catholic,
In the passage you cite Jesus is speaking figuratively. At the last Supper, is he eating his own flesh and blood?

Try visiting my article on the Eucharist.

I don't despise what is biblical, rather unlike papists I actually the scripture in context.

It is Rome who despises Jesus by elevating Mary above him

Anonymous said...

If you were to put a man on a desert island with a gospel of John and ask him to say where the Lord's supper/communion/eucharist is found in it I'm absolutely sure chapter 6 would not feature in his answer.

Ken B