We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Friday, January 27, 2023

More Odds And Ends For the New Year

I’ve gathered quite a few items which I decided needed to be shared. Some good information, and some reports on bad things in the church.


Too many Christians believe in, and promote, evolutionism. Well, what they believe about it is NOT science.


Excellent article explaining the unbiblical teachings of Eastern Orthodoxy.  (I wrote a short article about the E.O. back in 2010).


The Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, has gone “woke.” I never thought I’d see this day.


The Church of England is satan’s church.


Jude 5—Reconsidered.


Four Questions about the Love of God to Ask Jehovah’s Witnesses


When people say we are not to bother exposing false teachings, tell them to read the Bible.


The Quandary of Seeming Biblical Contradictions


The abuse of Hebrews 13:8 is rampant.


Did Thomas Jefferson really cut miracles out of the Bible to make his own “Jefferson Bible”? Absolutely not.


Bill Johnson, of Bethel Redding Church, made the following heretical statement: “God is in charge but He is not in control. He has left us in control.” Do I have to explain what’s wrong with this?


Andy Stanley goes from bad to worse.  And worse to heretical.


How rules for diets are NOT biblical.


Just what we need—the return of Bill Gothard, Mr. Legalism himself.


President Biden decided to preach a sermon and proved he is not a Christian by his false understanding of what the Gospel is. Of course he routine broadcasting of his ideology has proven this time and again.


If people want to celebrate Martin Luther King as a civil rights activist, so be it. BUT, never celebrate him as a Christian because he was a false teacher and heretic.


Beth Moore—she just doesn’t get the Christian faith.  An interesting commentary about the situation showed up at The Federalist.

6 comments:

Jesse Albrecht said...

Have you ever read anything from Martin Luther King Jr?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

NOPE.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind another comment! I know you don't want links here, but regarding Bill Johnson and Bethel Mike Winger has done a YT video going into considerable detail about the errors currently being taught there. Even he is a bit lost for words at times.

It's called Bethel and Bill Johnson’s Bridge to the New Age and Spiritual Fakery. Was posted a couple of days ago. I haven't quite finished listening to it, but it is a complete demolition of their doctrine, and exposes their blatant deception and drift into New Age spirituality.

It is every bit as bad as Benny Hinn.

Ken B

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Ken,
I don't mind links as long as they are germane to the post. And when it comes to Bethel, that's germane on most of my odds and ends posts!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Feo,
Knock it off. I don't read your comments. As soon as I see your name I delete them. So grow up.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Cowardly Anonymous,

My eyes are wide open, I have excellent discernment, and I study my Bible, so NOTHING will make me become a papist.

And I don't follow links to videos from people I don't know.