We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, January 22, 2018

Good, Bad, and Ugly


The Good:
Women are NOT to be preaching to men; i.e., they are not to be leaders in the assembly.

The modern blasphemy of the Holy SpiritClaiming the Holy Spirit is doing what he is not doing.

The Mormons have a new prophet leading the church.  This article gives some good history behind this Mormon tradition. At 93 years old he won’t last long.

A great example as to why we need to know the author and purpose behind the songs sing in church.

The Bad:
A “glory cloud” at Bethel, and a man who is an example of a “charismaniac.”  Believing foolish stuff like this is how people get deceived into cults.

Ever hear of the “Sacred Heart” in Roman Catholicism?  I have, but I never understood the reason behind the term, and never investigated it because I just figured it was more RCC nonsense.  Mary Dalke DID decide to investigate, and I think you’ll find her article to be very interesting.

Here’s an article to keep you up-to-date on the false teachings of Seth Barnes and Adventures In Missions.

More proof that the Pope does not represent Christ.

Some new information (actually old but just brought to light) proving what a horrid false teacher is Shawn Bolz.  Sid Roth is a false teacher, so for Bolz to be on his show to begin with should be enough to raise red flags about Bolz.  The angel Bolz saw was NOT an angel of the Lord.  He seems to have a lot of “visions”—the devil must like him, OR, more likely, Bolz makes up all this nonsense for publicity and attention.

Spiritual danger showing up in 4-H!!

The Ugly:
Heretic Paula White covers her tracks.

I’ve been saying for quite a while now the Michael Brown is dangerous to listen to.  Another example why.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was most likely not a Christian and so should not be praised as such.  He was also a very, very immoral man.

False teacher and “Jezebel” Jory Micah really, really needs to be avoided! (Yet she is another false teacher who Beth Moore promotes!)

Oh my!!!  This conference is nothing less than aberrations and blasphemy.

Cindy Jacobs — run from her as fast as you can. Her psychic ability is “spiritual reading.”

T.D. Jakes says that God needs to hear that you love Him!!

The humorous 
Sad, but humorous.  The result of worshiping “saints.”

Really humorous, although Mormons might be a bit rankled.

I’m not so sure this is really satire rather than factual!

4 comments:

Jesse Albrecht said...

Is that a real award?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Yep, but from another apologetics ministry. He was doing that for a while as part of his fundraising. Quite funny, so I had to get one. He was a speaker at a couple of the conferences we attended.

hymns that preach said...

Glenn, I want to thank you. again, for featuring one of my hymn commentaries. I can always tell because visits to my blog increase two to three times the normal.

As the music leader in my church, I have been commenting on the hymns (one per week) for almost three years and I have about 150 of them published on my blog. It usually takes about 3 to five hours a week, to research and write about 500 words. It is my desire that others might find the material useful.

Thanks again.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Ralph,

You are quite welcome. I subscribe to your blog and enjoy the posts. Sometimes, of course, I find the information more interesting than others, and then feel the need to share.

I really appreciate your research and write-ups of these hymns. Some of the history is very, very interesting, and sometimes quite poignant.