We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Lord, With Glowing Heart I’d Praise Thee

By Francis Scott Key (1817)

Lord with glowing heart I’d praise Thee,

For the bliss Thy love bestows,

For the pardoning grace that saves me,

And the peace that from it flows:

Help, O God, my weak endeavor;

This dull soul to rapture raise:

Thou must light the flame, or never

Can my love be warmed to praise.


Praise, my soul, the God that sought me,

Wretched wanderer, far astray;

Found me lost, and kindly brought me

From the paths of death away;

Praise, with love’s devoutest feeling,

Him Who saw my guilt-born fear,

And the light of hope revealing,

Bade the blood-stained cross appear.


Praise my Savior God that drew me

To that cross, new life to give,

Held a blood sealed pardon to me,

Bade me look to Him and live.

Praise the grace whose threats alarmed me,

Roused me from my fatal ease;

Praise the grace whose promise warmed me,

Praise the grace that whispered peace.


Lord, this bosom’s ardent feeling

Vainly would my lips express.

Low before Thy footstool kneeling,

Deign Thy suppliant’s prayer to bless:

Let Thy grace, my soul’s chief treasure,

Love’s pure flame within me raise;

And, since words can never measure,

Let my life show forth Thy praise.


No comments: