We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Christians, Stay Away From Psychology!

I’ve previously posted many articles about the fraudulent and spiritually dangerous teachings and practices of psychology, especially a 7-part series in November 2011.  However, I just found a sheet in my file with reasons to not trust psychology and I felt I should post it here. I don’t remember if it is a collection I personally drew up or if I got it from somewhere else, but it’s a good list nevertheless.

Seven Reasons to NOT Trust Psychology:

1. It is not a genuine science.

2. It is relatively ineffective.

3. It is motivated more by money that by compassion.

4. Labels produce dysfunction rather than healing.

5. Psychology is incompetent in dealing with the inner person.

6. It cannot produce healing from the past.

7. It is incompatible with Christianity; it is a competing faith. Psychology by definition is the study of the soul. Without Christ, one cannot solve the problem.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I majored in psychology and sociology in college (about 120 years ago or so). I discovered that about 95.7% of it is pure, unadulterated bunk. The other 4.3% is just philosophy stolen from other "disciplines." In other words, I agree completely with your analysis.