We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies


Doug Evans has a good examination of Steven Furtick and his Code Orange heresy fest.

Why the KJV is NOT the best translation:

Catholics keep proving over and over that they have no clue about the real teachings of Christ.

Of course when the Pope himself focuses on environmentalism rather than Christ, then what can we expect from his followers?

Why don’t you recommend GOOD teachers?  I agree with Amy Spreeman, which is why I do what I do here at The Watchman’s Bagpipes.  Oh, I will occasionally recommend a good one, but I tend to spend more time alerting people to the danger of the wolves.

This satire could really be true!

I find it to be very disappointing to learn that Eriwn Lutzer says we shouldn’t attack false teachers.  But, it isn’t something new because too many pastors say we should not worry so much about exposing false teachers but rather we should just teach the truth and people will discover for themselves who is false and who isn’t.  This, of course, has been demonstrated to be a 100% false philosophy — otherwise the false teachers wouldn’t be so prevalent and so powerful!  At any rate, the article also exposes what a false teacher Larry Crabb is (which I’ve know for many, many years!).  (The article makes a big issue about what Lutzer didn’t say, but that doesn’t concern me too much because one would have to have a whole lot more time to say everything the article suggested; my concern is about what Lutzer did say.)

Church by the Glades should be better named “Goat Pen by the Glades.”

Comparing Adventures in Missions to the Emergent Church.  Peas in pod.

Oh no — Jesus Calling now has a sequel!  Sarah Young continues her claims about revelation from Jesus in her new book, Jesus Always.  Warn your friends against this garbage.

Andy Stanley’s apologetic and a great response to it!

Here’s one I don’t remember hearing about — the Catalyst Conference.  Looking at the names involved, I have the same question — what’s Swindoll doing there?

I’m always learning about another false teacher, this time it is Billye Brim.  Anyone Hagin “anointed” are part of Satan’s realm.  One can never keep up with the apostate state of the Church today! (Oh, and Sid Roth is about as false teacher as they get!)


Another reason to avoid teachings by Lysa Terkeurst.

Stay away from iDisciple!!!   Save yourself from lots of false teaching.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another conference with troublesome teachers, of course. Sad to see Swindoll's name in the mix...

Regarding A Stanley, he's disqualified from the pastorate, the Bible says so.

-Carolyn

Martha said...

Agree with Carolyn. I used to regularly listen to Chuck Swindoll's program on Christian radio in the evenings and believing his teachings were sound doctrine. I had no idea he was a part of the Christian religious industrial complex.

Martha

Unknown said...

Glenn, I want to say thanks again for continuing your blog. I've been able to alert my sister and a friend to the error in Jesus Calling and false teachings and teachers because your posts remind me to test all things against Scripture. I think we're all more vulnerable to being misled today because technology opens up the door to every teacher in the world. We never would have let these people into our homes before the internet. Now they're all vying for our attention. Our churches can let false teachings in through live video casts from Bethel, etc. If we're spending less time studying God's Word than ingesting the entertainment of the world and the twisted teachings of wolves disguised as Christian teachers, we don't stand a chance of protecting our minds against extra-biblical beliefs. I've recently met some fellow believers who are involved in social justice causes, such as BLM, and who bash the rest of us for questioning the wisdom in aligning themselves with progressive/leftist extremist. They're gloating in their supposed compassion for the weak while saying that we are selfish and not doing what Jesus would do. Finally, I have a colleague who is involved in an NAR cult in the town where I live, and I'm asking for wisdom to know what, if anything, I should say. Your blog is helpful in finding good information on these challenging issues.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Robyn

I'm thankful that this ministry can help people such as those in your situation. My whole reason for getting into apologetics was because I had been conned into a cult, and because of what happened to me I wanted to be able to warn people against such things.

The problem with people caught up in false teachings of any kind is that they usually do not want to hear anything against their cult/beliefs and this makes it very difficult to reach them. The whole "social justice" ideology invading the church is part of what is leading it to such apostasy. I'm always asking the Lord for wisdom for these things. SO just continue doing so and perhaps you will be able to say the right thing at the right time so that seeds are planted.