We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Friday, February 14, 2014

Did They Really Say That?!?

“We were made out of God.  When God created Adam, He created him from the dust of the earth.  He put His mouth on him; blew in him the breath of life.  He became a living soul.  God said, ‘I wanted to see what I looked like, so I made you to be in My image.  You have My DNA.  You are created out of Me.  You are a derivative of Me.  You are My picture in the Earth.’”

T. D. Jakes, “MegaCare 1,” The Potter’s Touch, Lightsource.com, iTunes Podcast, 17 August 2008, as cited by Hank Hanegraaff in Christianity in Crisis, 21st Century, p.375.


I wonder where T. D. Jakes finds such claims in the Bible?  Did God really not know what he looked like?  Did Adam really have the same DNA as did God?  This is almost like Mormonism!

No comments: