We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Friday, September 14, 2012

Did They Really Say That?!?


?!?
One of the worst heretics out there is a man named Benny Hinn.  The guy cannot be a Christian; the doctrine he preaches is so unbiblical and his behavior is often demonic.  His followers may or may not be Christians, but all are deceived.  He is one of those people who always says something which leads to the question, “Did he really say that?!?!”  Let me give you some of my favorite quotes, which prove he is a false teacher and false prophet (if anyone wants the reference sources, just ask - I don’t want to take the time here to cite them all).

“If we quit giving you new revelations, we’re dead.”

“I’m sick and tired of hearing about streets of gold.  I don’t need gold in heaven, I’ve got to have it now!”

“Poverty is a demon.  God had to show me a vision of a demon literally to prove this to me.”

“I feel revelation knowledge already coming on me. ... Holy Spirit take over in the name of Jesus. ... You say, ‘I never heard of that.’  Well do you think you’re in this church to hear things you’ve heard for the last fifty years?”

“The Spirit of God tells me an earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the nineties.”  [never happened]

“Not one place will be safe from earthquakes in the nineties.  Those who have not known earthquakes will know it.”  [never happened]

“The Spirit tells me Fidel Castro will die in the nineties.” [still alive in 2012]

“And angels to this day can decide to rebel against God.”

“Now the Lord just told me - and I don’t know whether this is true or not...”

“The Lore also tells me to tell you that in the mid-nineties, about ’94 or ’95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America.”

“You wonderful people of God quit attacking men of God by name!  Somebody’s attacking me because of something I’m teaching!  Let me tell you something brother, you watch it! ... Don’t attack this man of God [speaking of heretic Paul Crouch].  There is a group here in California that thinks they are the judgment seat of Christ!  They judge everything that you do.  Listen here fellah, let me tell you something, you’re not my judge.  Jesus is my judge!  You walk around with your stiff lip and collar on your neck - dear God in heaven I wish I could just - ooh!  They call it a ‘ministry,’ my foot!  You know I’ve looked for one verse in the Bible, I just can’t seem to find it, one verse that says ‘If you don’t like ‘em, kill ‘em.’  I really wish I could find it!... Ladies and gentlemen, don’t attack God’s servants!  Don’t publicly attack them by name! ... don’t mention people’s names on your radio program or your TV program - thinking you’re doing God’s service - you’re not! You stink - frankly that’s the way I think about it! ...Sometimes I wish God would give me a Holy Ghost Machine Gun - I blow your head off!”

And my personal favorite:
“God the Father is a person and He is a triune being by Himself separate from the Son and the Holy Ghost. ... God the Father is a person, God the Son is a person, God the Holy Spirit is a person, but each of them is a triune being by Himself.  If I can shock you, and maybe I should, there are nine of them. ... God the Father is a person with His own personal spirit, with His own personal soul and His own personal spirit body. ... God the Father is a person separate from the Holy Ghost.  Totally separate. ... Do you know the Holy Spirit has a soul and a body separate from that of Jesus and the Father? ... God the Father then is a triune being within Himself.  He’s a person, He has His own Spirit, He has a soul. ... God the Father is a separate individual from the Son and the Holy Ghost, who is a triune being who walks in a spirit body and He has hair...has eyes...has a mouth...has hands.”


There are soooooo many things like this from Hinn that it is hard to choose what are the most absurd.  I think the man is demonically possessed.

4 comments:

richrock said...

Ha! I was only yesterday trying to find a source of prophecies that have been given, and see these Hinn ones come up again. The Castro one seems quite popular.

If these have not come to pass, we can easily call a false prophet, but, I wonder, how many would stop following his teachings because of that? How much power does he really exert on people by his charisma?

That is a reason why I like teachers who preach the gospel, and would yet still tell us to go and check it out for ourselves. If you know of any other false prophecies, I am trying to research the whole area of prophecy to see if there are any real prophets in the land... (not holding my breath though)...

Christian Ease said...

Unbelieveable, yet so many believe.I know this is wrong to say, but stuff like this makes me want to move further out into the praire. Thanks for engaging people like that ... that's the Biblical response to heresy, not hiding.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

I really appreciate this post and others like it. It wasn't until I started reading your blog and others and doing my own research that these wolves were brought to light. I left a church over a year ago and that church library (for use by the whole church) contained some of his books along with some of the others that are misguiding Christians. I must say that we aren't being warned in church sorry to say. Thanks, Laura

Stan said...

My mother is the godliness believer I know. She has her own little comment on the "Prosperity" folk. "If it doesn't play in Bangladesh, it's not true." If God wants all His people to be rich and no believer in Bangladesh has money, either God or Benny Hinn (and his ilk) is mistaken. I think we know which. Of course, the problem with the claim to prophecy is the biblical standard of 100% accuracy. I claim Deut 18:22.