We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did They Really Say That?

?!?
But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere.
Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark.  The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood.  Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men.
Ellen G. White, Spiritual Gifts, vol.3, pp.64, 75
“Amalgamation of man and beast” means the offspring of bestiality.  E.G. White believed people could mate with animals and produce offspring, and some of the offspring would be particular races of people. E.G. White is considered by the Seventh-day Adventists as a prophet of God; how could she then have made such an error?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She got it wrong, it was them bad old angels, according to some other folks. Here I thought it was just evil men who refused to submit to the Lord. See what happens when I read my bible! I better just get me a covering type preacher so I don't continue in my error...

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Anonymous,

Biblically-speaking, there were indeed fallen angels who entered into relations with women, which the produced "nephilim". This was the teaching of the Jews prior to Christianity, and it is also the teaching of the N.T.

I don't understand your last sentence.

Unknown said...

Don't worry, I didn't understand his last comment either. I don't know what a covering type preacher is. I accept the explanation of the nephilim. This however is not a primary essential to salvation.

Unknown said...

There are even more writings that prove her to be a false prophetess and a false teacher. What I notice most about SDA's when I talk with them is that they don't believe in the sufficiency of Christ's grace. They are legalistic. Constantly wondering if you've done enough or if you've done something to loose your salvation is like saying that the sacrifice Jesus made was only partial atonement and you must do the rest of the saving work.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Bob,

I agree with you 100% that the issue about the Nephilim is not a salvation issue. I find it to be an issue of "interest."

E.G. White's idea we know to be impossible, and racist on top of that. And that is a whole different issue than the nephilim.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I plan on posting more of E.G. White's claims and prophecies. I have decided to do a regular series of "Did They Really Say That?" and rotate between false prophets.

I did a post on the SDA last summer which you might find interesting:
http://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2010/09/seventh-day-adventists-cult-or-cultic.html