We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Friday, September 18, 2015

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies

Women need to stop trying to get in the pulpit; the Bible is very plain that this role isn’t for them.

Another review of “War Room” which doesn’t soft-soap it as so many do.

This bishop thinks that the Catholic Church—as well as the Bible—is in error in regards to homosexual behavior.  He says, “scientific progress allows us to modify this point of view. First of all, one knows that homosexuality exists also in the world of animals.”  Well, it really doesn’t, but that’s another subject.  And even if it did, well in the world of animals they eat their young but would we justify humans eating their young because of it?  The article points out, “With his reference to the animal world, Bonny tries to show that the natural instinct for heterosexuality, as put into nature by God, might not exist, after all.”  So Mr. Bonny even argues that heterosexuality does not exist.  So why isn’t he excommunicated yet?

I have previously written about the false teachings of the “Generational Curse,” but I found a great article that needs to be a good additional resource.

Excellent commentary on a very abused passage of Scripture.  And, yes, I’ve heard these same convoluted explanations and yet I fully understood the real meaning.

Another abused Scripture is also examined.

What happens when you listen to a false teacher?  You get disappointed every time.  And here's why.

Jim Wallis is one of the worst wolves out there.

Mary Dalke warns us of a new spiritually-dangerous book by Jennifer LeClaire:  Mornings With the Holy Spirit.  And go figure—Charisma magazine recommends it.  There are a few other things Mary notes on this post as a warning of what Christians need to avoid.

The Porpoise Driven Life.  Funny, but really demonstrates the way Christians follow every whim of doctrine and every fad.

Convenient Christianity is the false Christianity most so-called Christians follow today.

Why hasn’t the Pope excommunicated these bishops for sanctioning same-sex fake marriage?

Again I remind everyone that, contrary to many false teachings, Christians do not tithe!

Priscilla Shirer is a false teacher much like Beth Moore, with a lot of the same problems.  Avoid her like the plague.

I have previously reported on the horrid book, “Pagan Christianity” in other “Random” posts, but I thought this article was a worthwhile reminder of the problems with the book.

Joel Osteen never tires of writing new books full of false teachings to fleece his followers.  This guy has absolutely no shame.

7 comments:

Doug Evans said...

Ok, everyone else is doing it, why not me? I'm going to jump right in there and predict the end of the earth. Tremble all and hark my words! (cough weeze)

Using the calculations of Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, James Ussher, the End Of The World will start on October 23, 4004 BC... but it's going to be a long slow process which will eventually accelerate like a flood in the end. When is the End going to END?

But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

Anonymous said...

So Oct 7 is it? Good to know! Will mark my calendar. I didn't look at the link. Did it say what time, too? .

On Millennials, if those habits (tolerating sin, neglecting theology, living like the world (or devil, frankly), church bashing, and not accepting rebuke (which Proverbs says makes you a scoffer and a fool) are the habits they do, I'd say they aren't Christians at all. So they don't need to stop those habits, they need to REPENT and BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!

Did you mean to have a link to another article in your comment about "Pagan Christianity"? Just a fyi, no link other than back to your older TWB post.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Carolyn,

Actually, that link is to all posts with the label "Pagan Christianity," including today's. There were three previous "Random" posts with links to articles about the book. So you have to look over the article to find the links mentioned. Confusing, I know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the clarification. I just noticed that I accidentally must have deleted my "sarcasm" quote after my remarks about the date setter. Yes, for the record, I was being sarcastic, which I am sure you could tell.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Carolyn,

The sarcasm was obvious! :oD

Joe said...

Well, I don't know about the end of the earth, but I do know when Christ is going to return. It will be Tuesday at 7:30 PM. The reason I know that is that Christ said He would return when I least expect Him. I least expect Him on Tuesday at 7:30 PM. Therefore that is when He will return.

Does anyone understand both the lack of logic in that statement and the the way it expresses the foolishness of all people, past present and future, who think they can tell us when He will return?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Carolyn,

The "Pagan Christianity link"-- I was confused in that I was thinking you were asking about the first link (to my Random posts), but another follower emailed me and said that the second link ("I thought this article...) was missing. I forgot to plug it in, but now it's fixed.