We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, December 11, 2023

Spiritual Malpractice

The following was posted on Facebook by “These Aren’t the Apostles You’re Looking For” ( a ministry exposing the false New Apostolic Reformation) on 11/1/23:

The Orphan Mentality: A Conversation


NAR: You have a critical spirit because of your orphan mentality. You need a touch from Abba. Once you encounter His love for you as a son, your heart will be open to receive all He wants to give you. 


Ex-NAR Christian: It’s not that I have a critical spirit. I just believe the truth matters more than our feelings and subjective experience. 


NAR: God’s love is an experience! I’m not sure why that’s an issue. And once you encounter His presence you’ll never be the same. 


Ex-NAR Christian: I have received His love…through the finished work of Jesus on my behalf. He’s brought me from death to life. 


NAR: Yes but there’s so much more! He died for so much more than just to forgive your sins. He wants to take away your orphan spirit and give you the mantle of sonship. Once you get the breakthrough, you’ll be ready to live out your calling.


Ex-NAR Christian - Okay, what is an orphan spirit or mentality in your definition?


NAR: It means you try to relate to God in a mindset of servitude instead of sonship. You can’t receive His best because you are afraid of displeasing Him. You’re too focused on the negative. 


Ex-NAR Christian: No, I have received every spiritual blessing in heavenly places through Christ. And because of Him, and the fact that I’m found in Him, I am pleasing to God on my best and worst days…so I’m not sure what you’re driving at…


NAR: If you operated as a son you wouldn’t have a critical spirit toward men and women of God…but you just can’t stop judging. You’re prideful and unteachable. You need to let the walls down and let Holy Spirit minister to the wounded places. 


Ex-NAR Christian: All I’ve done is consistently taken a stand on the clearest teachings of God’s Word. I don’t hate the teachers you follow. I just want you to see how they have manipulated you by twisting scripture. I don’t have an orphan mentality. I am completely forgiven and deeply loved by my Father on account of Christ. He’s already given me His best. Jesus Christ Himself is the best gift I can fathom…

Also, I’m not taking stances because I’m wounded but because I want to be faithful with the truth. Plus, I care about you. 


NAR: You’re seeing things through a very specific grid. It’s like you’re trying to put God in a box. But He won’t fit. He’s always surprising His kids. 


Ex-NAR Christian - Well then, if faithfulness to the Word is putting God in a box, then that’s a box God Himself made. I’ll stick with the box. 


NAR: I bind the orphan spirit in the name of Jesus. Spirit, I command you to leave. I release a revelation of sonship and royal identity in Jesus’ name. 


Ex-NAR Christian: Thanks, but I already have the Spirit of adoption Who testifies with my spirit that I’m a child of God. He was given to me at conversion. I’m very thankful and I have peace with God because of Christ. 


NAR: No, you are deceived. You are content with lack and consumed with bitterness. But Holy Spirit will touch you and make you free. 


Ex-NAR Christian: How am I bitter? All I did was express concern about your pastor claiming to be an apostle. 


NAR: Orphans find fault. Sons give honor. God cannot work with unteachable and critical hearts. I would encourage you to pray into it. 


Ex-NAR Christian: Thanks, and I encourage you to prayerfully look into the information I shared with you. I too used to follow modern apostles and prophets. Praying for you.

No comments: