We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Sunday, January 30, 2022

What Jesus Did NOT Say

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That list would include efforts to save one's own country from destruction.

-Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I also do not think that Christians have any business going to political rallies.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I don't see any biblical reason to not want to protect and defend one's country, no do I see any biblical reason to not going to political rallies.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

The two Carolyn posts at 1:56 and 2:04 on 1/31/22 are not me!!!!

I agree with your position.

-Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

Just another thought about this other "Carolyn" - I've noticed this individual likes to say things just to stir the pot or makes utterly undiscerning comments along the lines of 'Beth Moore is awesome'.

If they're trying to impersonate me, they are a) a dolt and b) doing a terrible job.

By and large, I seldom comment on politics or controversial subjects, for a myriad reasons.

Easy discernment for you and your readers: if it sounds legalistic, or license-filled, it's not originating from me.

Anyhow, I agree with your above comment, regarding believers and defending one's country. Whether or not one chooses to attend a political rally is a Romans 14 matter of conscience and individual choice.

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Carolyn (the one after my comments),

I KNEW it wasn't you because they were missing something important. But she is easy to distinguish by her ignorance of Scripture and total lack of discernment.