We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, January 17, 2022

Agglomeration


I decided to do another one of these posts because I’ve had a lot of stuff which has been shared on sites I follow, and I really think the alerts should go out to everyone. So here is my newest collection of warnings.  Among these are several videos—if you have the time to watch them.


The Revoice movement is invading conservative evangelical assemblies because people really aren’t taking the spiritual danger seriously or are ignorantly accepting it. We even have David Platt’s approval.


Avoid Lifeway Bookstores; buying from them just helps support the rampant heresies they are selling.


The Toronto “revival” of the early 1990s and the move it took to Brownsville, FL (the Pensacola revival) was spiritually dangerous and heavily loaded with false teachings. I believe there was a lot of demonic activity with it, especially the very bizarre manifestations (although some are probably just people wanting attention). The first good church we found in our area in 1996 ended splitting because the pastor and too many followers of charismania were raving about and praising the one in Brownsville. I think Christians still need to be aware of what goes on in such fake revivals. I just don’t understand how intelligent people can accept and/or follow such unholy stuff. Here’s video with some investigation of Toronto.


As I have written (and said) over and over, the ELCA should be called the Evil Leftist Church in America. I can’t see how any true Christian would tolerate this stuff.


Hillsong’s Christmas program was as sleazy as usual. If there are real Christians there, why do they put up with it? 


Beth Moore went over to the Anglican Church in September 2021. I guess she wanted to be where women could be up front in the service preforming duties normally reserved for pastoral staff. Elizabeth Prata has an excellent article about the situation.


This video may be a bit long for you to watch; I watched/listened to it while doing other things. It’s about the deadly wolf Shawn Bolz.  No one should be listening to him.


Just as evil, and I think demonic, is Todd White. This video is only 10 minutes but it is a good example what a hungry wolf White is.  A more thorough, 44 minute video, really proves what a deceiver White is.


This next video is 23 minutes long, but soundly debunks the whole “Jezebel spirit” nonsense.


Another example of all that is wrong with the blasphemous, heretical and just plain nonsensical video series, “The Chosen.”


Then there’s arch heretic Paula White.


Catholic DePaul University has turned its back on God.


Steven Furtick is a narcissistic dangerous wolf.


When we lived in the Chicago area for 17 years, there was a radio program in the evening called “Shepherd’s Chapel” with Andrew Murray. I found the station when I would be waiting to pick up my daughter from work at the city library. As I listed to it I thought the guy was certifiably nuts but would keep listening to yell at it and then when my daughter rode home with me I’d show her what nonsense this guy was teaching. Christian Apologetics & Research ministry is calling them the “cult of the week”: Shepherd’s Chapel is an independent "Church" in Gravette, AR which was founded by a man named Arnold Murray, who commands a large audience primarily through tv and radio. Arnold denies the Trinity, teaches "Anglo-Israelism" (that the British are the "lost ten tribes" of Israel) and the "serpent seed" doctrine (that Satan had sex with Eve producing Cain and the evil race of "Kenites" still on the earth today). Thus, Shepherd's Chapel is a sub-Christian cult...


Cindy Jacobs (along with her husband) is false-teaching member of the New Apostolic Reformation and really, really needs to be avoided like the plague. Her “prophecies” for 2022 are nothing but money-grubbing. I don’t understand how anyone can listen to this false teacher.



Well, that’s it for now.  Now I need to get back to work on way too many jobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Good to see you posting another round up of the usual suspects. :)

BM - who is really surprised by her move to the Anglican church? No one with even a modicum of discernment. Her trajectory has been crystal clear for years.

Platt - honestly he is a concern, only because he had legitimate credibility in sound circles for quite some time. His Radical book was an early red flag though. What he is doing to McLean Bible Church is appalling.

-Carolyn

Marshal Art said...

I haven't looked at any of the links to this post yet, but the bit about "The Chosen" caught my eye. And while I haven't looked at that link yet, either, I have to say that of all I've seen posted which criticizes the series, I find them mostly worthless considering what the producers say about their purpose of doing these series and how petty the criticisms. It comes down to this: Most films about the life of Christ do indeed try to be strictly faithful to the Biblical text...some focusing on a single gospel rendering, while others try to blend all four. This series, as far as I can tell of those episodes I've seen (and I've gotten through the first two seasons) simply tries to present the Gospel stories in a manner that suggests real people. Do they take liberties? I'd say they do, but not is a manner that is so "heretical" as most criticisms I've read lament they do. Thus far, I maintain it is a good, well made series which might be one of the best to promote to those who never take the time to look into Scripture at all. It is NOT presented as a substitute for Scripture and serious Biblical study, and as such is not so far astray in any way to justify concerns of those who demand a word-for-word-or-nothing rendering.

I have to admit that I was totally pleased with the series when I first watched it. I say this as a Christian and one who simply is impressed with quality film-making, and especially so with quality films referencing Christianity. Then I read some criticisms and began to have second thoughts and took time to ponder what was said. Eventually, I saw a response by the main producer of the series to the criticisms and felt reassured that those gripes are overblown given what is intended by the producers and their point in making the films as they do.

There are so many attempts to promote the faith which are completely crap. Many include known actors, but are still crap. While these may be less offensive to some, I find crappy Christian movies do more harm to the faith than "The Chosen" ever could. There were criticisms of "The Passion of the Christ", but I continue to be impressed with that film.

The fact is that there is no way one could make a film on the life of Christ without drawing some criticism. And while critiques might be justified, with works like "The Chosen", they are not worth dismissing the series altogether. Such demand of purity means no attempts to present the life of Christ should even be undertaken. That's absurd, and so are criticisms of the series.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Art,

it isn't that they put extrabiblical stuff in, it's that the whole thing has Mormons behind it and has much blasphemy in it.
Read this post; https://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-chosen-unbiblical-danger.html

An this one: https://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2022/01/more-evidence-against-chosen-series.html

Just two examples showing horrid problems with the series.