We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, April 20, 2020

Women Teachers to Avoid

Someone shared a Facebook post with me from “Biblical and Reformed.” The very interesting thing about the post is that it is just five photos showing the most popular false teaching women whose works are invading the Church due to lack of discernment.  

So, look below and note the face and names of these false teachers, some of whom are more dangerous than others.  Sadly, they left out a BIGGIE, Beth Moore.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

Thank you for giving me something for which to thank God today.

Of that list, I only recognized 8 names. It would be 9 if Beth Moore had been on it.

Even better, overall, I have followed/listened to exactly NONE of the entire list of women.

Both of those facts made me praise the Lord with a loud voice! I will consider myself greatly blessed. :)

-Carolyn

Doug Evans said...

If you have pets you should avoid Cindy Jacobs too
https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/04/21/pet-sematary-cindy-jacobs-can-raise-animals-from-the-dead/

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Doug,

Wow, I missed that she was missing from the list also. She definitely belongs there.

Sheryl said...

I'm not familiar with numerous names/faces on this list, but one I noticed was missing is Juanita Bynum. She might be offended that she was overlooked. And so might Gloria Copeland.

Its obviously an incomplete, growing list.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thank you Sheryl, for adding yet another couple names!

Jesse Albrecht said...

Never heard of these names before! Thanks for providing the list.

Sheryl said...

Other notable mentions also come to mind - Joyce Meyer, Sara Young and Kari Jobe.

The "church" would be much better off if these noisy, defiant women would shut their mouths and assume their rightful, God-given place...which is NOT behind a pulpit.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I'm wondering if perhaps women like Gloria Copeland, Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore didn't get on because they are so well known and most discerning people already know of them.

Anonymous said...

All these false teachers are women. I understand why Paul commanded them not to teach.

Sheryl said...

Another false one to avoid just came to mind that I think should be on record for the benefit of your future readers - Jennifer Leclaire. What a mess her theology is!

Unfortunately, I don't think a full and complete list can be achieved, as these women false teachers are in such plentiful supply and growing in these apostate days.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Sheryl,

I think you're right - we'll never get a complete list. But thanks for that addition!

Marshal Art said...

The only women on this list with whom I've any familiarity at all is Kathy Lee Gifford, who I didn't even know did any preaching (I think I was aware that she recorded gospel music), and maybe Ce Ce Winans, though I don't know how. In any case, I don't listen to any of them nor seek them out for the purpose.

I do believe women's role in preaching is clearly explained in Scripture, particularly as regards leading a congregation, and that hasn't changed, despite what "progressives" might tell you. I know of a certain troll, familiar to you as well, who believes the Holy Spirit has led us to ignore that teaching. Sounds like something Beth Moore would say based on your writings about her.

Yet I have heard women preachers on radio who seem solid, and while I wouldn't be a member of a congregation led by a woman, I don't know that I would totally prohibit all Scripturally sound women from speaking apart from Sunday service. What say you, and do you have any women in mind you would regard as worth lending an ear?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Art,

There are definitely many good, solid women teachers. The only thing they are prohibited from doing is assuming the roles of pastor/elder or even teachings Sunday school classes with men. Books, radio, etc are fine but we know that most LEFTIST women want the pulpit.

As for women I'd trust, off the top of my head I can note Marsha West, Marcia Montenegro, Amy Spreeman, all of which I follow on Facebook. I have read many books by Montenegro.