We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hillsong Article


Back in 2008, while at the Personal Freedom Outreach apologetics conference, I mentioned to Kurt Goedelman that I had written up a report about Beth Moore's "Believing God" DVD series, exposing the false teachings. He asked if I would send them a copy to look at. He then contacted me and asked if they could use my information for an article, with me sharing the by-line. The article was published in the January-March 2009 issue.

Back in October 2019, right after I had rotator cuff repair surgery, I received an email from Kurt seeking anything I had written which might be worth while for another journal issue. Back and forth emails had me come up empty-handed. He then asked me if I would be interested in writing an article on Hillsong Church, to which I agreed.

Well, not having use of my left arm for a couple weeks, and needing pain killers beyond that, it was November before I started researching. I ended up with about 1000 pages of articles gleaned from the Internet.

Many doctor appointments through the end of February (before more March and April appointments were cancelled) as well as car repairs slowed down my writing process, but I finally finished the article and sent it off to Kurt a week ago. He is planning for publishing it in the fall issue of their Journal.

I highly recommend the PFO Journal for general apologetics studies. I have every issue, having ordered all the back issues in about 2001 after subscribing. You can get every issue from before 2020 on as pdf files on either CD or thumb drive. Here is subscription information as well as information for acquiring the pdf versions.

No comments: