We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, February 3, 2020

I’ll Walk With God


This past Saturday we watched an old movie which we recently purchased — The Student Prince. I first saw this movie while in high school and my mom had an album of the songs from the movie, all sung by Mario Lanza.

This song below has always been one of my favorites from the movie; even as a non Christian I believed in God. In the movie the prince’s father has just died and he now is king. As he stands alone in the cathedral looking at his father’s coffin on the bier with four guards he sings this song, finally realizing his duties.

If you’d like to hear the song, this link goes to the scene (the actor playing the prince is lip-synching Mario Lanza).

The lyrics are good for encouragement and the tune is remarkable.

I'll walk with God
From this day on,
His helping hand I'll lean upon.
This is my prayer my humble plea:
May the Lord be ever with me.

There is no death though eyes grow dim.
There is no fear when I'm near to Him.
I'll lean on Him forever
And He'll forsake me never.

He will not fail me as long as my faith is strong,
What ever road I may walk alone.

I'll walk with God,
I'll take His hand.
I'll talk with God he'll understand.
I'll pray to Him,
Each day to Him,
And He'll hear the words that I say.

His hand will guide my throne and rod
And I'll never walk alone
While I walk with God

No comments: