We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies

Do Seventh-day Adventist teach Trinity or tritheism?

What’s So Bad About Christian Radio? Well, I could go on for quite a while as to why I quit listening to it over 20 years ago, but I’ll let the article give you good reasons.

Excellent response to all those popular evangelical men jumping on the “police are racists” bandwagon.

I think I’ve encountered this guy.

Catholic Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles is now promoting the “LGBT” agenda.  So will the University be ousted from affiliation with Rome?  Will the leaders be excommunicated?  Nope.  Rome seems to turn a blind eye to this stuff, proving again that the Pope is not a representative of Christ.

Part 3 and part 4 of the series examining the incidents in Orlando with Pastor David Uth’s collection of false teachers and false teachings.

THIS is why they will remain only a “Potential Church.”  They have “worshiptainment” rather than any semblance of worship.  These are goats, not sheep.

With this sort of wordiness, it didn’t surprise me that this goat-pen is led by a husband and wife “pastor” team.  Jesus will certainly tell them, “I never knew you.”

Beth Moore — EGAD, she gets worse and worse with her direct revelations from God.  She is more and more narcissistic every time I see something about her.  And yet she is still the darling of the SBC.  I do have to agree with her statement she said over and over: “I know absolutely nothing.”  She knows absolutely nothing about reality.  OH, and notice that the woman she gave money to ALSO had a revelation from God!

Berean Research has an interesting article regarding the shenanigans of Donald Trump’s “Christian” advisors.

Here is another excellent “Everything you need to know about the New Apostolic Reformation” article.

Andy Stanley’s church is getting to be worse and worse.  Talk about a goat pen!!!  I can’t help but wonder how much time was spent practicing and rehearsing this nonsense instead of actually doing something constructive.


Finally, IF ONLY!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Andy Stanley link floored me. Just floored me. I feel like it's almost useless to say: "that is not Christian worship, not at all"... because if you think it is...

Wasn't AS the one who also mocked small churches?

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Carolyn,

Yes, he was.

Anonymous said...

I'm literally sick right now.

May the Lord bless the small flocks, where "proletariat" pastors simply preach the word and care for the sheep.

-Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Glenn, I saw this claim at a website--

"Monsanto created dicamba-resistant soybeans (and cotton) in an effort to stay a step ahead of the weeds. The strategy of planting Roundup-resistant crops and spraying Roundup to kill weeds isn't working so well anymore, because weeds have evolved resistance to glyphosate. Adding genes for dicamba resistance, so the thinking went, would give farmers the option of spraying dicamba as well, which would clear out the weeds that survive glyphosate."

How much stock (if any) should we put in that claim? Are they "a little wrong," or are they "totally off-base"?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Anonymous,

Why do you continue to post these sorts of questions on my articles when they have nothing to do with the topic discussed? And they don't really have anything to do with Christianity or defense of it.

I don't know anything about this sort of stuff.

If you want to posit questions to me which aren't relative to my posts, please email them to me.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello Glenn. The relevance is that some Christians classify evolution as heresy, which is your topic. But some other Christians are okay with a little evolution ("microevolution") and yet others, such as typical Episcopals, have no problem with evolution.

But yes, I can go the email route in the future.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Anonymous,

I understand YOUR context, but I rarely address evolution and since there is no discussion of evolution on the article, bringing in the subject is off-topic.

Evolution, pe se, is not a heretical belief. It depends on what you do with it.