We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Friday, May 25, 2012

Random Apostasies and Heresies



Well, it looks like Liberty University is sliding into politically-correct apostasy; they have “no official position” about Mormonism.  How can any Christian not have a position as to whether or not the LDS is a cult?!?
The International House of Prayer in Kansas City preys on Christian youth by their very charismatic and musical productions.  IHOP is mostly aberrant and often heretical in their doctrines and teachings.  Yvonne over at ...and the world hears them” has posted a video of what looks to me to be demonic manifestations over at IHOP.  Stay away from this place and anyone who teaches there.
Speaking of heresy, the Word of Faith teachings definitely fall into that category and there are too many WOF heretics out there to keep up with.  “Pastrix” Dayna Muldoon is a new name to me, but she has apparently been around for a while.  She finally ran into someone who exposed her publicly and she doesn’t seem to be to happy about it!  Now for the background and what happened prior to that video, the pastor exposing her fraud describes everything at CARM’s blog.
The sad thing now is that an excellent Bible teacher, David Jeremiah, has now given these WOF heretics credence by being a guest speaker on TBN’s “Praise-A-Thon” and not only praising heretic Paul Crouch, but telling of his involvement with this heretical organization over the last few years!!!!!
Brian McLaren, in his recent brainwashing “Children, Youth and a New Kind of Christianity Conference,” warned against Bible passages that supposed are “texts of terror.”  He also said that “Bible-preaching/teaching/reading people are the most dangerous in the world for Muslims.”  This conference was not only an Emergent forum, but it also appeared to be a haven of liberal “Christians” of every stripe, including apostates and heretics.
Roman Catholics claim to be the one true church, and yet daily we find them supporting things that Christ would have nothing to do with - and this is aside from their aberrant and heretical doctrines!  Up in Canada a Catholic elementary school hosted the “transgendered” (read “mutilated”) man who was a contestant for Miss Universe Canada.  Okay, to be fair, they hosted all 62 contestants, but since hosting the man was giving tacit approval to his perversion, he should not have been allowed.  And aside from hosting this man, the school was promoting the whole idea of girls being “sexy and glamourous” - a message for elementary school girls!!!  Yep, I’m sure Christ would approve of this - NOT!
An article in the Austin, MN, Daily Herald by a retired UMC pastor claims that since Mormons have faith in one God they are then Christians.  I certainly hope this doesn’t reflect UMC teachings!  Mormonism is no more Christian than is Satanism!
Going back to the subject from last report, about “The Voice” translation of the Bible, Ken Ham points out another problem with this agenda-driven version - the allowance for evolution!

A good article by Erin Benziger was posted at the Christian Research Network, covering the history and teachings of “Spiritual Formation,” which is a false teaching invading the Church over the past few decades.
I’ve previously posted a couple articles about the movie Courageous; one being my own review and the other one highlighting some other critiques.  This week I came across another excellent critique which I highly recommend.  While this is a good movie, there are many concerns for Christians to be aware of.  (Be sure to read the thought-provoking comment discussion).
One of the problems with seeker-sensitive “pastors” is their irreverence for God and Christ.  (One of the things which bothers me also about Mark Driscoll.) For a good example of how crass these teachers can get, Ken Silva has posted a video clip of Eric Dykstra.  Believe me when I tell you that if I had been in that assembly, I would have stood up and ran out the door!
The blog “Herescope” has been presenting a good series examining some of the various aberrations that come into the Church through the ministry of Chuck Missler.  Titled, “Cosms, Codes, and Cryptologies,” there are five articles so far.  While lengthy, I do highly recommend them, especially if you are a fan of Missler:
I am one who really dislikes most “contemporary Christian music,” mostly because I really can’t stand the rock and roll music with so much of it.  However, when I analyze such songs for proper use in the assembly, I try to stick with examining the lyrics.  This past week I discovered a great site which will be very helpful with this, “Worship Song Ratings.”  It also has a couple links to examining the music.  I recommend it for your perusal.
Finally, I have read several places about supposed “same-sex wedding ceremonies” in the early Christian church.  Of course I never gave any of this stuff credence because I’m not that gullible.  I came across an excellent article this week to put in your apologetics tool box for responding to this claim. I think you’ll find it well-worth it.

4 comments:

Neil said...

I love that graphic!

Hard to believe Liberty can't make a simple "Mormons aren't Christians" statement. I question Christians who can't make that simple claim.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I "stole" that graphic from a post on Apprising Ministries. I've also seen it here and there on other blogs. But the last time I saw it a couple weeks ago it just seemed like the perfect header for my "Random" posts, so this is the second time for a "long relationship" I hope to have with it.

Liberty can't make a simple "Mormons aren't Christian" statement and better than Andy Stanley can make a simple "yes homosexuality is a sin" statement.

Linda said...

Lots of great reads Glenn thanks!

"I question Christians who can't make that simple claim."~~~

I agree with you Neil it's troubling to me as well. They've slipped into the quagmire of apostasy

Pro 29:25 "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe."

Great blog posts Glenn keep glorifying the LORD and may your joy in him grow and your love for him increase

ali said...

Ditto - Great blog.

It seems the further down this winding road we go there are more and more pastors, preachers and teachers who we [I] once thought were solid in their theology have slid into the ditch of compromise, heresy and blatant deception.

We must Get Ready and Be Prepared -We Must Read the Word, Study the Word and PRAY.!.