We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Can You Help Me?


The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such things come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

1 Timothy 4:1-2


I’m trying to find information about Redeemer Church, the place were false teacher Tim Keller used to preach. I’ve been on their site and done some “googling” but can’t find answers the three questions I’ve been asked to research. If anyone has information regarding the following, please either comment below or send me an email. Thanks.


What is their stance on women in the pulpit?


What is their stance on the gender issue?


What is their stance on Replacement Theology?


Update 6/30: I finally found an email on their site so I just sent an email to them asking these questions. I wonder what sort of response I will get?


10 comments:

Thaddeus said...

https://pulpitandpen.org/2019/11/21/tim-kellers-redeemer-church-calls-for-more-same-sex-intimacy-in-churches/

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

It is a Presbyterian church, but not sure if PCA or USA. However, I believe replacement theology is inherent with Reformed beliefs.

Nelia

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Thaddeus,

A Facebook friend, Marsha West, also suggested this video. The main problem in using this is that the speaker is NOT a member or in any leadership role and so doesn't reflect the position of Redeemer Church. She is there making suggestions, and she's misrepresenting Scripture to justify her position.

I'm trying to find something that specifically shows Redeemer's position.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Nelia,

I agree with you but not all reformed churches accept/agree with it. Which is why I need evidence as to whether Redeemer holds to it.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I finally found an email on their site so I just sent an email to them asking these questions. I wonder what sort of response I will get?

Wayne said...

Glenn, I found the following article: https://www.redeemer.com/redeemer-report/article/upholding_the_necessity_of_women_in_minstry

It affirms men as pastors, with women being in non-ordained deaconness positions.


Wayne

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Wayne,

Well that link is 5 years old. The question is what is their current stance?

For some reason the church has failed to respond to me.

Wayne said...

I wonder why they are so slow to respond? I would think they'd be happy to share their beliefs and stances with a fellow Christian, especially assuming you might want to attend or join their church!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Maybe because they are teaching wrongly?

Wayne said...

Well, that's a possibility or they simply can't be bothered to respond, in which case I would think that dereliction of Christian duty is almost as bad as wrong teachings. In any case, there's something amiss at Redeemer because you should have received a response within a reasonable 72 hours or less following a holiday.