We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Jesus Lover of My Soul


Jesus, lover of my soul, 
let me to thy bosom fly, 
while the nearer waters roll, 
while the tempest still is high; 
hide me, O my Savior, hide, 
till the storm of life is past; 
safe into the haven guide, 
O receive my soul at last! 

Other refuge have I none; 
hangs my helpless soul on thee; 
leave, ah! leave me not alone, 
still support and comfort me. 
All my trust on thee is stayed, 
all my help from thee I bring; 
cover my defenseless head 
with the shadow of thy wing. 

Thou, O Christ, art all I want;
more than all in Thee I find;
raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
heal the sick, and lead the blind;
just and holy is Thy name,
I am all unrighteousness;
false and full of sin I am,
Thou are full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with thee is found, 
grace to cover all my sin; 
let the healing streams abound; 
make and keep me pure within. 
Thou of life the fountain art; 
freely let me take of thee; 
spring thou up within my heart, 
rise to all eternity. 

By Charles Wesley

No comments: