We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Random Aberrations, Apostasies, and Heresies


They are nice while they send you to hell.

Mysticism is spreading like wild fire in the Church, promising “close encounters” with God.  However, such mysticism is nothing less than regurgitated practices from pagan Eastern religions and have nothing to do with the Christian faith, let alone communicating with God.  Beware.

Another glaring example of the apostate condition of the Presbyterian Church (USA).

Popular false teachers who are women.

Willow Creek is getting more and more apostate.

Part two review of Beth Moore’s Simulcast.


The teachings of Paul (David) Yonggi Cho are aberrant and sometimes dangerous.

Yes, Seventh-day Adventism is still a cult.

Another Roman Catholic honcho who should be excommunicated due to his promotion of homosexuality.  Yet Rome continues to ignore this type of apostasy.

Albert Mohler has a good commentary as to why we real Christians can’t accept the world’s modern view of human sexuality.

Gothard’s ATI education is twisted Scripture and legalistic nonsense.  Recovering grace has a series exposing ATI:  Introduction, chapter 1, chapter 2.  Looking for more in the future.

Another new heretical Bible, this time endorsed by the Hebrew Roots Movement.  SIGH!  (To read more about Hebrew Root, Marsha gives some good links at the bottom of the article.)

Finally, Joyce Meyer reads too much Joel Osteen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today's meme, hilarious!

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

It was too good to not use!

Wayne said...

Hi Glen, I have been reading your website for awhile now. I actually found it when I was searching for information about apostacy and the UCC! WOW! In the process,I looked back over your many articles and I have been amazed by the amount of heretical practices that have entered evangelical churches today. I had no idea about spiritual formation or contemplative prayer...until now. Like many others I simply thought it was a better way to improve one's spiritual life, although I didn't feel led to engage in it. Although I don't know yet if I always see eye-to-eye with you on all matters, your articles have certainly made me much more discerning as a Christian. I thank you for your diligence and research, brother.

Wayne

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Wayne,

Welcome to my blog. Glad I could be of some help. And if we agreed eye-to-eye on everything, then I'd want to find out what's wrong!

Sharon Lareau said...

Glenn, thank you for sharing another link from my series on the simulcast. One more post to go. Thank you for helping me get the word out.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Sharon,
Again, you are quite welcome. We really need to get the word out on Moore and her ilk, and the more people spreading it, the better! Thanks for your thorough reports.

Wayne said...

Thanks Glen. I wanted to ask you: do you ever play at Kirkin O' the Tartan church services? My wife and I recently attended one for the first time at a local PCUSA church. Not much of a meaningful sermon (no surprise there) and the children's message regarding the Crop Walk made no mention of any Bible verses or Scriptural context whatsoever. She could have at least mentioned Jesus' words about feeding the hungry. I guess I am fortunate to have been raised in a God-fearing Christian home with good Biblical teaching under my belt. I should never take it for granted.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Wayne,

Nope, never did a Kirkin -- first heard of such a thing about a year ago after joining a band 70 miles away; they have some members who do a local church there annually.

I'd not play for anything other than an funeral or wedding at a PCUSA building -- I wouldn't want to give them credence.

Wayne said...

I understand where you're coming from. Kirkins are typically held at PCUSA and Episcopal churches from what I've researched. The procession was awesome though and the piper did an excellent job.I just wish the sermon, etc. would have been equally as awesome. Alas, it was not, but then I didn't have high expectations to begin with in that regard.