We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Some Random Good Stuff


One of my readers pointed me to a pastor out in Texas, Dr. Randy White.  No, this is not the Randy White married to heretic Paula White!  I have begun looking over his articles and have found some good ones worth sharing, so these are the first three entries for today.

Why I Believe in Believer’s Baptism.”  I certainly have to agree with his reasoning.

Contrary to the teachings of so many cults, when the Christian dies, he goes immediately to be with the Lord.

Good analysis of a very disgusting picture supporting the social gospel of the liberals.

What does the term “only begotten” mean?

Steve Bricker posts a good commentary on Psalm 19.

I found another excellent article on the subject of judging.  I’m really tired of the trite claims against Christians by the public and against apologists by Christians with “judge not.”  Should Christians Judge?

Think about it, pastors:  Are You Chasing Goats or Tending Sheep?

A good article on early Christian beliefs.

I’ll leave you with a good bit of humor.

5 comments:

Steve Bricker said...

Glenn, I appreciated many of the links. I'll certainly add Canon Fodder to my feed. And thanks for the mention of my blog post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

Randy White does have some very good articles. He had a very good article last January against the Church Growth Movement.

He does however, believe that it is ok for a church to have a solo pastor with no others elders. I would respectfully disagree with him on that point.

Speaking of pastors, the article about goat herding vs tending sheep was good.

Thanks for bringing us some good articles. I think from time to time we need to be reminded that there are still faithful teachers out there!

-Carolyn

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Carolyn,

Well, I haven't seen all Randy White's stuff yet, so I was unaware he believes in a solo pastor with no elders. Sorry, but the individual assemblies are actually to led by a plurality of elders -- that is what the Bible teaches.

There is actually a lot of really good stuff I read on many blogs on a daily basis, but I save links only for some of the more unusual or more thought-provoking articles so as to post as a "random" collection. I think most Christians who use the Internet seek good teaching and often will have already seen a lot of what I come across also.

And, yes, we do need to be reminded that there are still faithful teachers. Sometimes we get to feeling like there aren't many left!

hymns that preach said...

Hi Glenn.

I always look forward to you "Random" features each week. Thanks for all the research work you do to assemble these things.

The "Model of a Biblical Philologist" video is a crack up.

Thanks for featuring a link to my blog post about goat herders.

Ralph M, Petersen

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn, yes, White is a solo pastor. You are correct, Scripture mandates a plurality of elders. White tried to make a case for his belief, but on that issue he's off the mark.

-Carolyn