We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Monday, April 15, 2013

Random Apostasies and Heresies

An easy way to spot false teachers is the amount of control they exercise over their followers.  Steven Furtick has a very interesting “confidentiality agreement” for volunteers serving in his goat-pen, “Elevation Church.”  He has already demonstrated his arrogance, and his total disdain for anyone examining his teaching, but with this agreement he requires volunteers to sign he has reached a new low.  Here is the concluding paragraph:

“I acknowledge that my breach of any of the restrictive covenants in this Agreement will result in irreparable damage to the Church. Therefore, in the event of any breach or threatened breach by me, I agree that the Church shall be entitled to an injunction from a court of competent jurisdiction enjoining me from committing any violation or threatened violation of this Agreement. I further agree that the Church shall not be required to post a bond to obtain such an injunction. All remedies available to the Church by reason of a breach by me of this Agreement are cumulative, none is exclusive, and all remedies may be exercised concurrently or consecutively at the Church’s option."


Surprise, surprise!  False teacher and wolf in sheep’s clothing Jim Wallis now supports same-sex fake marriage

I’m sure by now my readers have heard the sad and tragic news about Rick Warren’s son’s suicide.   I haven’t read any comments from apologetics ministries of any sort which have used this incident as a way to attack Rick Warren’s apostate teachings.  However, this has not stopped false teachers from using this incident as a way to attack those who dare speak against Warren’s apostasy.  Beth Moore is a false teacher who has one of the most reprehensible posts doing this, and she got full support from Rick Warren for doing so!  So even Warren is using his son’s death to attack those who denounce his false teachings.  And to add insult to injury, Mark Driscoll, another false teacher, steps in to do the same thing as Moore!  I think this is disgusting. [both links gone by 1/2/16]

John Gleason’s Mind Renewers blog gave me a bit of a chuckle this week; he posted the modern version of John 6:44: “No man can come to me, except the popular modern music draws him.”  This is certainly the demonstrated belief of the seeker-sensitive and market-driven assemblies.

Speaking of all these false teachers - as well as previous posts which speak of false prophets - Elizabeth Prata, over at The End Time, asks the question as to why there are so many false prophets.  An example she uses is Joseph Prince, and she demonstrates that Scripture tells us this would happen as we come closer and closer to the return of Christ.

The apostate Presbyterian Church (USA) is now having interfaith studies with Muslims.  It’s even worse than that - the Muslims they are dealing with are those who promote the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization, and the PCUSA website promotes them!  I can just see Paul having interfaith studies with the local pagans, can’t you?  What they should be doing is reaching out to the Muslims with the Gospel, but the PCUSA as a denomination seems to have a difficult time following Christ to begin with! [Link gone by 9/14/20]

2 comments:

Neil said...

Great timing -- someone just asked me about Joseph Prince and I had never heard of him. Now if I can just remember who asked me about him . . .

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Neil,
Here's an article I linked to in a previous Random post:
http://apprising.org/2012/07/09/word-faith-prosperity-preacher-joseph-prince/