We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Where Am I?

We’ve been gone for a few days, having left home at 0700 Sunday and returned right at midnight last night.  Went 8.5 hrs east to observe the celebrations at the National Museum of the USAF honoring the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Tokyo Raid.

So now I’m a wee bit behind on lots of things and probably won’t get time for the blog for at least a couple more days.


Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

When your blog "quiets", I always assume it's because you and Jill are traveling or busy with other engagements. But it's always nice to hear you come back and let all of us know you're ok!


Glenn E. Chatfield said...

To be at the Air Force Museum for the arrival of 11 B-25s Monday at 0800, we had to be in town the night before. So Easter morning we left home at 0700 (0800 destination time) and listened to a CD of Fanny Crosby songs to start our day. 9 hours later we were in Fairborn and checked in to our motel, then went looking for 1-room schools we had information on. After that we visited Jill's stepmother for a while. Monday after the arrival of the B-25s, we spent the day at the museum, and in the evening went after the last two schools we knew about. Tuesday we went back to the museum, then at 1:30 the B-25s departed and flew a formation over the memorial gardens where a ceremony was being held, then four came back for the missing man formation, and 30 min later two B-1 bombers from Ellsworth AFB did a flyover, and when they were done we headed home, arriving home right at midnight. It was lots of fun!