We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Saturday, August 6, 2016

40 Years Ago

August 1, 1976

I was going to post this on August 1st, but I discovered I would have no internet service.  We left home Saturday morning, July 30, heading for Yellowstone National Park to celebrate out 40th.  We arrived there Monday morning and stayed until leaving Friday (yesterday) morning, spending our nights in the Old Faithful Inn.  It was a wonderful time surrounded by the wonders of Creation.

14 comments:

Eternity Matters said...

Congratulations to you both! What a great accomplishment to celebrate.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thanks, Neil!

I'm not even going to look at FB until sometime tomorrow. I had over 300 emails I've just finished culling and am now down to about 80 to review. And we took close to 1800 photos, but did a lot of deleting the past couple days driving, still leaving me with 1400 to review! So I have a few draft blogs article to post, but I'm going to be busy for a while catching up! We had a great time.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! And what a great picture! Congratulations!

-Carolyn

Pamela Couvrette said...

Wonderful! Happy Anniversay to you both!

Matt Wingler said...

Congratulations Glenn!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thank you, Carolyn! It is one of our favorite photos from the wedding. Jill made her own dress.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thank you, Pamela!

And Happy Birthday to YOU!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thanks, Matt!

I guess I should have gone through all my emails before I responded!

David Marrandette said...

Even though we are not physically acquainted, this deserves a big congrats!

Alec said...

So good to see the two of you in the photo. Young love going on 41 years!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thank you, David,

In this day and age, it is getting more rare for people to last 10 or 15 years, let alone 40! But we began our relationship in the Lord and that's what made it work.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thanks Alec,

Actually, our "young love" has been going on for 42 years! We met August 1, 1974 when I was on my last leave seven months from getting out of the Army. It was my first day in town and after a bit over a week I had to go back to base and we began a long-distance phone and letter relationship. Circumstances arose that allowed me to buy a car and get a 2- or 3-day pass once a month for September through December, but then no visits until the end of February 1975. I asked her to marry me on 14 Dec 1975, and she wanted to finish that year of school, then she chose the wedding date as the day we met! And the rest is history.

Jim said...

Congratulations Glenn, That is awesome, Happy 40th anniversary!!!!! I know you had a wonderful time in Yellowstone, I live 5 hours from there and enjoy God's creation when we are able to. God bless you both and many more years to come, the Lord willing.

Jim B.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thanks Jim,

For us the drive time (not counting breaks, overnights, etc) is 18.5 hrs!