We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer
Therefore let God-inspired Scripture decide between us; and on whichever side be found doctrines in harmony with the word of God, in favor of that side will be cast the vote of truth. --Basil of Caesarea
Once you learn to discern, there's no going back. You will begin to spot the lie everywhere it appears.

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service. 1 Timothy 1:12

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Non-Discerning Christians Don't Like False Teaching Exposed


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn,

Boy, aren't those memes so (unfortunately) true!

-Carolyn

Alec said...

Glenn,

I'm a good Christian. I know those exposing evil are evil. They have no love. A certain well known church leader told us, "Who am I to judge?". If he can't judge, how can I presume to do so?

Alec

veritasdomain said...

Telling it as it is

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

The following comment was posted by "Michael Tatro" but I could not post it with the link under his name because I don't want people going to his page and seeing the un-Christlike attitude he has towards homosexuals and thinking that is proper for Christians.

Glen, if a known sex offender applied to babysit for you, whay would you do, would you make a judgment against him and tell Him no thanks

Michael, I assume this was a rhetorical question, but I will respond just in case it wasn't. It would really depend on what the offense was, because the "sex offender" label is overly used by the government and innocent people are labeled for the rest of their lives. I personally know of a young man who was 17 when he had consensual sex with his 15-yr-old girl friend and when her parents found out they had him arrested. He is now a "known sex offender." Were they fornicators? Yes. Does that then put him on the same level as a rapist or a child molester? NO.