We who preach the gospel must not think of ourselves as public relations agents sent to establish good will between Christ and the world. We must not imagine ourselves commissioned to make Christ acceptable to big business, the press, the world of sports or modern education. We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum. A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mormon Statistics

Yesterday I received in the mail the latest MRM Update newsletter from the Mormonism Research Ministry, which provided some very interesting statistics.

A large graphic (from the Valparaiso University in Indiana) of the United States depicted where Mormons lived by percentages of the population in the year 2000.  Accompanying the graphic was text explaining that on 44% of the total Mormon population lives in the United States, and that 50% live in South America while 16% live in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.

What I found interesting was that the majority of the Mormon population lives in South America.  Of course this make sense when you know that the Mormons lie and suggest the various Inca and Aztec cultures originated from the Lamanites, Nephites, etc of the Book of Mormon fairy tale.  All you have to do to see this is to get a BOM which is illustrated.

It is sad that so many people have been deceived based on the claims made by LDS missionaries which sucker these people into their cult.  This is typical of cults and other false teachers - they go to where education and culture is backward, which is why Jimmy Jones was passing out “kool aid” to his members, and why the Word of Faith cult is so successful in these areas.  Satan has an easy time with people who have been living with pagan religions to begin with.

While the LDS has had quite a bit of success in the USA, I’m guessing that their rate of converts to those bred in the church is quite small compared to the rates anywhere else.  In the USA, even among most non-believers, most people seem to know the history of the LDS and polygamy, which should set off warning bells in their heads when Mormons try to pass themselves off as Christians.


It is truly saddening to think of these people spending an eternity separated from God, which is why it is so important for us to reach these people with the truth.  They are no better off eternally than any other non-believer you meet, yet I’ve met many Christians who consider it not worth while to reach out to Mormons - as if they are a different breed of unbeliever.  Unbelievers and all unbelievers, all in need of the true Gospel.  

4 comments:

Brian said...

You need more Mormon friends!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Brian,

If I remember correctly, I think you made the same comment some time back on another of my posts dealing with Mormonism.

I have had plenty of Mormon friends over the years, so I don't know what you think more Mormon friends would do to enlighten me in any way. Perhaps you could explain this to me?

If you think it is because in your mind I don't know much about Mormonism, then I have to bust your bubble. I am an ex-Mormon and have studied the LDS for almost 40 years since coming to the true faith. I have a whole library of official LDS publications, including scads on CD. I have copies of the original BOM and Book of Commandments, lots of original stuff from Joseph Smith and all the leaders since. I KNOW what the LDS teaches, and it teaches a religion totally foreign to the BIble.

Perhaps you should look at my articles about the BOM and the D&C and tell me where I am in error. Perhaps you should even peruse my articles about the prophecies of the false prophet Smith and tell me where I am in error.

Meanwhile I will pray that the TRUE God of the Bible will open your eyes to the truth so that you may come to salvation in the true Christ of the Bible.

Christine said...

My husbands family is Mormon and we have witnessed to them over the years several times and I do find it such a harder ordeal than witnessing to other unbelievers. They have an answer for everything and often answer a question with a question. We pray, and try to live as witnesses to them by our lifestyle choices. So sad to see them being deceived, Mormonism is one of Satan's biggest lies. Thank you for your post:)

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hi Christine,

You are sooooo right - it is much more difficult to try to reach them with the truth than with any normal unbeliever.

I keep hammering them with the contradictions of the BOM to the D&C, the false prophecies of Smith, and even the numerous problems with the BOM. I have a lot of that sort of stuff posted on my blog, which you can search through with the label "Latter Day Saints."

If nothing else, it plants seeds.

I'll be praying that you can have wisdom for the way to open their eyes to the truth.